THE TIME FOR AN
EQUAL-VALUE SERVICE ECONOMY
Moving Beyond Money
with the Help of the Internet
by Vorpal Sol
In an Equal-Value Service Economy we can have everything free, do the work that is in our hearts without continually hustling ourselves in the job market and without compromising our personal freedom. We can begin shaping such an economy now.
The time is ripe for us to support a new trend leading to a world where everyone enjoys the freedom, work of their choice, and prosperity that yet only a minority enjoy. The current money system financially coerces too many people into working at jobs that they do not really like, and often for small pay. This form of slavery is one of the biggest problems on our planet. It is time to create an alternative. If a critical mass of us takes some key steps, then we will be initiating nothing less than the eventual transformation of the world economic system.
Waking-Up from Money
The modern monetary system is the most deceptive form of socio-economic control ever invented. It is based on the illusion of debt perpetrated by the banking cartels. Here is the bankers' secret: Bankers take the value of our signatures on promissory notes every time we use a credit card, get a car loan or mortgage, to create money "out of thin air" which they then lend to us with interest. We are the ones who really fund our loans, but they deceive us into thinking that the banks lent us their money (or money from depositors or investors)! The money really comes from the borrowers not the banks. How long will the public remain unaware of this? How long will the Wizard of Oz be able to conceal his act?
We trust that the reader is all too familiar with the bank issue. If not, s/he can access through the internet the many information resources available on the nature of banking. Use search terms such as central banking, Federal Reserve, fractional banking, fiat currency, fiat money, New World Order, conspiracies, conspiracy theory, and related subjects for more information. Beyond revealing the bankers' secret, we will not delve into the bank controversy. However, we will challenge readers to explore this question: Do we really need money to conduct the socio-economic aspect of human life?
After centuries of being conditioned to and by money, humanity is heavily entrenched in believing that money is an absolute necessity for civilized life. It seems as if money is the foundation of all productive human activity. But is it? Within the monetary system, to which humanity has fallen captive, it certainly is. However, from a standpoint unconditioned by money we begin to realize that money is a fetish and nuisance. Within a money system, the amounts of money we have act like bottlenecks between life and ourselves. Do we have to be restricted by the size of our financial bottlenecks? Is money a necessary toll to access goods and services? We answer "No!" to both questions. As incredible as it may seem, we do not have to live that way. We can enjoy prosperity without paying tolls everywhere, bypass those financial bottlenecks and perhaps eliminate them altogether. However, first we need to wake-up from money and create an Equal-Value Service Economy.
Consider a new way of conceptualizing life. Consider the possibility of an advanced, prosperous, life-friendly society where money or force does not control labor. Consider that advanced societies in the future, perhaps not too distant future, may not use money. Further consider that if the spiritual-social character of humanity is to evolve beyond its current level, then humanity will need to outgrow its reliance on money. Although some of us may find it difficult to visualize such a society let us do so anyway. Imagine living in a prosperous society where everyone essentially has all that s/he wants, is engaged in the work that s/he loves to do, and is free -- all without the stresses of money. To bring about an auspicious transformation it is important that we shape this vision into one that we like. If we compared living in such a world while leaving the current money-driven world behind, we might feel as if we are getting out of prison.
Onward to an Equal-Value Service Economy
through Karma Yoga
The Equal-Value Service Economy is based on the suggestion to be free of the monetary system altogether and to offer all goods and services freely. People would be encouraged to serve in a manner akin to Karma Yoga.
Karma Yoga is the spiritual practice of serving others without requiring an immediate reward for one's service, although others may coincidentally reward one. In the practice of Karma Yoga one performs hir services to the best of hir ability with the understanding that s/he is serving the All. Karma Yoga encourages one to perceive all beings as expressions of God or One Life. Therefore, all beings are worthy of goods and services, not just those who can provide some form of compensation in exchange. Karma Yoga transcends paid or forced labor as well as barter. It is also elder to capitalism, communism, and socialism. Service emanating from Karma Yoga is the basis of an Equal-Value Service Economy. Such an economy is a major key to creating a society free of coerced labor where people can freely be who they are and enjoy their lives with little compromise.
In the Karma Yoga economic system, people freely provide their goods and services to others without keeping tabs of whether or not others will pay with money or barter. People provide because they love their work, and they enjoy the fulfillment found in giving. This may already be so in many instances. The difference in the way of Karma Yoga is that there is no demand for payment. Payment is not necessary because others will also freely provide their goods and services. This is truly the way of a free economy! Such an economy engages the higher ethical instincts of humanity rather than the coarser instincts of greed, fear, lust for power, and selfishness.
Root Ideas about Human Character
Root ideas are premises that shape our orientation and behavior. The current Bank-Controlled Economy and the Equal-Value Service Economy are based on contrasting root ideas about human character, and are as follows.
In the current Bank-Controlled Economy the following root ideas are the premises:
- People are originally unworthy, and they must prove themselves worthy by working.
- People are ignored or excluded from society if they do not do whatever it takes to have money.
- Money is a measure of an individual's worth.
- It is not so important if an individual does the work which is in hir heart. What is important is that s/he work, grasp, and compete for as much money as possible. It does not matter if an individual does not like hir job as long as s/he makes good money.
- People are lazy. They will not work unless they are forced to work through threat of financial need or enticed by financial reward.
In contrast, the Equal-Value Service Economy is based on the following ideas:
- People are always worthy, and they do not need to prove their worth, being Sons and Daughters of God. People work because they love their work and want to be of service to others.
- All people are accepted as participants in society. No one is rejected. We are one world family.
- Placing a financial value on an individual is not the highest ethics.
- It is of the utmost importance that every individual do the work that is in hir heart. No one should be financially coerced into doing what s/he does not want to do. What is important is that an individual pursue the line of work that brings hir joy and to pursue hir line of work to the highest levels of excellence as motivated by hir creative inspiration.
- People are not as lazy as they are creative. Their creativity will come to fruition when they are allowed to live in a supportive environment. Flowers bloom without coercion.
These two sets of ideas represent two contrasting worlds. As we move into the future, these two worlds will become more apparent, and humanity will begin noticing new options. In which world would we rather live? Which side of the contrast appeals to us best? For a while we will probably be able to live in both worlds. There are visions that take the best of both worlds, but that is for another article.
The Role of the Internet
The internet will play an essential role in the Equal-Value Service Economy. Without a communication system such as the internet, implementing an Equal-Value Service Economy would be difficult. We can report and monitor supply and demand for goods and services through the internet. Thus people would see what is in demand and where. Internet supply and demand information would orient and help coordinate people's efforts. We could get everything we wanted through the internet for free without money or debt. Incredible, but possible! That is our vision. Would we like to live in such a world? That the internet is here is our cue for setting-up the ground work for an Equal-Value Service Economy.
Effects of the Equal-Value Service Economy
In the Equal-Value Service Economy the extremes of wealth and poverty would be transcended. People's lifestyles would reflect who they are more than how much they have. The accumulation and hoarding of property would be useless, except in instances of environmental hardships. The Equal-Value Service Economy would create a socio-economic ambiance of security, in contrast to so many people being just a pay check away from homelessness. Overall, we would enjoy the following:
- Access to goods and services for everyone, not just a privileged minority.
- People doing what they love to do, pursuing their true talents and interests. People could be who they are rather than contort themselves into what employers want.
- Excellence in products and services since people would be motivated by their inspiration and conscience.
- The possibility of easily changing careers anytime during one's life.
- Inclusion of everyone in the wealth of society. There would not be excluded groups of people such as the homeless.
- Virtually a nonexistent crime rate since people would have few material incentives to commit crimes.
- Absence of groups having advantages over others due to the size of their financial coffers.
- A service orientation in our communities, rather than a self-centered greed orientation.
- More freedom and geographical mobility for everyone.
- Freedom from artificial man-made financial stresses and scarcities.
How to Usher This Advanced Economic System
No doubt because we have been conditioned to money for such a long time, we may come up with all kinds of objections to an Equal-Value Service Economy. Controversy often just postpones advancement. So let us get over that! Let us work through our psychological barriers about giving and receiving. Let us solve whatever problems need solving and go forward. Let us begin freely giving and receiving, and ever-increasingly expand our giving and receiving to the satisfaction of our spirits. Let us be radiant.
By the way, we may already be giving huge amounts of money to organizations that intimidate us and that we do not really like or that do not truly represent us. Let us take command of our giving, and give to whom we want, not to those who intimidate us. Such organizations will be remnants in the new Earth.
Abruptly switching to an Equal-Value Service Economy would inevitably produce confusion and economic breakdowns. A gradual transition is more desirable; nonetheless, the transition could occur quickly. Also, the Equal-Value Service Economy and the Bank-Controlled Economy might coexist for a time. Regarding how humanity is so entrenched in the Bank-Controlled Economy, some may think that it is virtually impossible to switch to an Equal-Value Service Economy. That humanity is so entrenched we have no doubt. However, we can take steps that will gradually switch our cultural momentum to an Equal-Value Service Economy. A critical mass would cause the transition. Let us be part of this altruistic movement to the extent that we can manage. The quality of human life on our planet depends on it.
Steps Toward an Equal-Value Service Economy:
- If you have not already done so, find the work that you love to do and do it. Focus your life on what you would love to do whether or not you would get paid for it. Relax into a line of work that you would enjoy for a long time.
- Give. Practice generosity. In the spirit of service begin by freely giving away regularly at least 10 percent of your goods and services, more as your circumstances allow. Give what you can and what you will not use. Used items are useful and desirable, but also give new and top-of-the-line goods and services. Give quality. Give from your heart.
- Give money away too. While in transition, we will still need money to varying degrees.
- Remember the principles of Karma Yoga. Serve without being obsessed with your reward. You are serving God. Or if you do not believe in God, then you are serving Life.
- Further realize your unity with the rest of humanity. Expand the practice of freeware beyond just software!
- Add a FFA (free-for-all) electronic bin to your websites. A FFA electronic bin is a link and/or banner on your websites that lead to a page listing items that are available for free.
- Do not hate or be negative about money. Be able to play the money game. Money has been a tool for the socio-economic and spiritual development of humanity. It has served its purpose well. However, now it is time for us to move beyond it. We will do this gradually and joyously.
- Share these ideas with everyone you know. Word-of-mouth is one of the most effective means of spreading the word.
If we want to upgrade our society, then we need to expose, scrutinize, and evolve the whole money issue. Bringing these ideas to the public is a first step in that direction. We realize that we need to delve into these ideas in greater depth. Many questions are beyond the scope of this brief article. The purpose of this article is to prompt readers to explore these important issues further.
Keep the idea of an Equal-Value Service Economy in mind. Open your heart and consider participating. A time may come, perhaps in our lifetimes, when we will have no choice but to embrace it. The world will be different from what it is today, though. There will be more gardens. There will be beautiful buildings blended with the natural environment. People will more commonly enjoy peace, each other, and the exercise of their talents here on this earth, our beautiful planet. We may remember how things were and be amazed.
This is how the meek shall inherit the Earth.
- We can create an Equal-Value Service Economy in which everything is free.
- It is time for us to take key steps to initiate the transformation of the world economic system into a high-minded Equal-Value Service Economy.
- The modern monetary system is based on deception. Banks create money "out of thin air" to their considerable advantage every time they supposedly make us a loan by using the value of our promissory notes to support their loans to us. We, the borrowers, really fund the loans, not the banks. Our bank debts are illusory, Wizard of Oz-like.
- Humanity has been conditioned to and by money for centuries, but humanity can wake-up to a new way of socio-economic life which will not be artificially stressful.
- Karma Yoga, which is the practice of working in the spirit of service, gives us a cue as to the concepts of identity, life, and work that root the emerging Equal-Value Service Economy.
- The current Bank-Controlled Economy and the Equal-Value Service Economy are based on contrasting ideas about human character. The former maintains that people are unworthy and that they must prove themselves worthy before they can have. The latter maintains that people are always worthy, being Sons and Daughters of God, and that they may have what is available.
- The internet will greatly help the actualization of the Equal-Value Service Economy. It marks this time for the Equal-Value Service Economy to begin unfolding on our planet.
- The Equal-Value Service Economy will result in the transcendence of wealth and poverty. Lifestyles will more truly reflect people's identity.
- To align yourself with the new Equal-Value Service Economy, find the work which is yours to do and regularly give in the spirit of service at least 10 percent of your goods and services, more as your circumstances allow.
- Share the concepts of the Equal-Value Service Economy with everyone you know. Help popularize these ideas. Word-of-mouth is one of the most effective means of spreading the word.
- We need to transcend the Bank-Controlled Economy to upgrade our society and for the sake of the quality of human life on our planet.
- The Equal-Value Service Economy will result in a more life-friendly world where more people are likely to live freer, happier lives. The transformation will be amazing. Through the Equal-Value Service Economy the meek shall inherit the Earth.
Common Law Copyright 2000 by High Vibrations Academy. This article may be freely reproduced for noncommercial purposes so long as this copyright notice is included; otherwise, permission is required.
If the idea of an Equal-Value Service Economy intrigues you, we invite you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be on our email list which is not shared with third parties.
Translations: If you would like to contribute your services to translate this article into another language, please let us know at email@example.com.
| Home | Archives |